It is astounding that the same tools that multiply efficiency of time can steal it in equal magnitude. I would say that life would be better if electricity were never used, but wouldn’t that make me a hypocrite as I type on my word-processor and you read on your computer?
Kevin DeYoung, in his book, Crazy Busy: A (Mercifully) Short Book about a (Really) Big Problem, lists several diagnoses causing busyness:
- Trying to look good, instead of actually doing good. (and its close cousins: pride, people pleasing and perfectionism),
- Trying to do more than what God expects me to do.
- Not setting priorities…even in serving others.
- “Kinderarchy”: Freaking out about my kids.
- Being addicted to technology.
- Not resting enough.
My last letter talked about overparenting and freaking out about my kids, but this one is more about freaking out over me….being addicted to technology.
View original post 1,608 more words